CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: Sautéed Swiss Chard with Garlic and Lemon
May 1, 2020
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 large bunches Certified SC Swiss chard, ribs and stems removed and reserved, leaves torn into 2” pieces (about 12 cups)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and half of Swiss chard, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing often, until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and remaining chard and cook, tossing, just until all chard is wilted, about 1 minute; season with salt and pepper.