CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: BLACKBERRY MOJITO
June 2, 2020
- 5 – 6 fresh Certified SC blackberries
- 4 fresh Certified SC mint leaves
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup or blackberry syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup club soda, chilled
- 1 to 1 1/2 ounces white rum
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Garnish with Certified SC sprigs of mint and fresh Certified SC whole blackberries
- Place blackberries, mint leaves, simple or blackberry syrup and lime juice into a small bowl.
- Gently mash the mixture with a muddler. Do not shred the mint leaves, rather simply bruise them to release the essential oils.
- Stir in club soda and rum.
- Strain to remove the blackberry seeds and remnants of the mint leaves.
- Pour into chilled glass.
- Add ice and garnish with fresh sprigs of mint and several fresh whole blackberries.