CERTIFIED SC RECIPE OF THE WEEK: STRAWBERRY BUNDT CAKE
June 2, 2020
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large Certified SC eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice divided
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Greek yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 12 ounces fresh Certified SC strawberries diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan (10-15 cup pan).
- In a large bowl, sift together 2 1/4 cups of flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining 1/4 cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Place in the oven and reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F. Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake